From 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 and Philippians 4:8, a meditation for the fourth week in Advent.
1. Love is long-suffering; it does not condemn. Instead it looks for, finds and encourages and nurtures the best in others.
2. Love is not resentful of others nor boastful of itself.
3. Love is not covetous-wanting to take away from others.
4. Love is not mean-spirited-unkind.
5. Love is not easily provoked to anger nor is it quick to believe evil about others.
6. Love does not keep records of wrongdoings.
7. Love rejoices with the truth; not in the demise or failures of others.(It rejoices in thinking about things that are lovely, kind, honorable and of good report. ( Philippians 4:8)
8. Love never fails.