Biblical faith is believing God’s word. It is trusting God to fulfill His promises in spite of circumstances. Biblical faith gives one the will to withstand the fiery darts of every attack (Ephesians 6: 16). Biblical faith gives one the assurance that God will fight his or her battles, so long as the one attacked remains steadfast, unmovable, and doing the work of God (1 Corinthians 15:58). Biblical faith knows that a little bit of faith, even as tiny as a mustard seed, goes a long way with God (Matthew 17:20).
Biblical faith gives one the courage to stand for what is godly, good, and right, even when such a stand is unpopular (study the lives of the Apostles and other early believers). Biblical faith gives one the courage and confidence to confess one’s own shortcomings, and to trust God for forgiveness and deliverance.
- is God centered and concerned about restoring wholeness- physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being (James 2: 14 – 26)
- helps one remain focused on the power of God, not mired down by the problems of the present (Proverbs 3: 5 – 9)
- gives hope that there is light at the end of every tunnel (Psalm 30: 5)
- gives one the confidence to confess his or her sins knowing God hears and forgives (Mark 9: 21 – 24)
- is a tool used to request deliverance from distress, protection from the powerful, and to uplift broken spirits (James 5: 17)
- wants justice for all (Micah 6: 8)
Keep faith in God!