“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces. Matthew 7:6
In the preceding passage, Jesus highlights the danger of and warns against giving valuables to those who either don’t appreciate the worth of what is offered; or who resent the gift giver.
Implicit in the passage is the notion that the rejection of a genuine offer of a gift reflects the disturbed nature of the intended recipient, and does not in any way reflect negatively upon the gift or upon the one offering the gift. Conversely, the passage suggests the sick nature of the intended recipient is evidenced by his or her violent response to a valuable gift.
Additionally, a rebuffed offer of: friendship, love, trust, loyalty, time, talent, companionship, or sound advice, does not in any way depreciate the worth of the gift giver or the gift. His or her worth is inherent because he or she was created by and in the image of the Creator.
Responding to Personal Rejection?
1. Rejoice in the Lord. Philippians 4:4
2. Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:7
3. Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. Luke 6: 28
4. Put on the whole armor of God. Ephesians so that you can quench the fiery darts of the devil. 6:11
5. Shake the dust off of your feet. Matthew 10:14; Luke 9:5
6. Pray for God to help you overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21:
7. Remember: some things come about only through prayer. Mark 9:29
7. Have faith in God
8. Stop talking with those who don’t value our opinions.
9. Stop associating with those who think less of us than they think of themselves.
10. Stop hobnobbing with people who don’t want us around.
11. Stop trying to help people who don’t want our help.
12. Heed Jesus’ warning and stop giving to those who don’t want us or our valuables. For not only will they reject our gifts; they may eventually try to destroy us.